Here are my favourite beauty tips and tricks that actually work.
1. Brush brows with an old toothbrush or mascara wand to make them look neater.
2. Use Vaseline to make brows stay in place. You can also spray hairspray onto an old mascara wand or toothbrush to help them stay too.
3. Place sticky tape starting at the outer side of your eye up to the end of your eyebrow to catch excess eye shadow for a more precise, cleaner look. The sticky tape can also be used as a guide for applying winged eye liner.
4. Make a sugar scrub for your lips mixing honey and sugar together. This will exfoliate lips, leaving them nice and smooth.
5. Apply illuminator above your cheekbones, just beneath your brows, on the bridge of your nose and above your top lip for a dewy glow.
6. Wet the tip of your eye shadow brush before using eye shadow to give it a nice sheen and make it more vibrant.
7. Make your eyes look bigger by applying a light shade of eye shadow on the middle and inner part of your eye lid and a darker shade on the outer corner and crease.
8. Having trouble applying brow liner? Use a light brown eye shadow with an eye shadow brush to fill in eye brows. You can also get buy eye brow stencils for more control.
9. Use concealer on your eyelids before applying eye shadow as it will give the eye shadow something to stick to and make it last longer.
10. Camouflage roots by creating a zig zag in your part rather than a straight line.
11. Only use the side of a brow pencil when filling in brows as using the tip can create too much of a harsh line.
12. Avoid lipstick from ending up on your teeth by smiling and placing your finger in between your lips after applying. This will take off the lipstick that otherwise would of ended up on your teeth next time you smiled.
13. Always use bronzer beneath the cheekbone and blush on the apples of your cheeks. Sucking in your cheeks will create a guideline of where to apply bronzer and smiling and applying blush on the puffy parts of your cheek will help you find where to apply the blush.
14. Use a nude or white eyeliner on your waterline to make eyes appear larger and more open.
15. Clean makeup brushes with shampoo and conditioner as you would your own hair to avoid them building up bacteria.
16. Don’t have the exact match of lip liner to the lip stick you want to wear? A nude lip liner will have a similar effect to using the exact colour and will help your lipstick set exactly where it should.
17. Out of makeup remover? Use moisturiser instead of makeup remover. This is especially good at getting rid of stubborn mascara that just won’t come off.
18. When playing up your lips keep your eye makeup minimal and vice versa. It’s best to choose one feature and go big to keep the look balanced.
19. Help perfume last longer by dabbing moisturiser onto the place where you intend to spray the perfume before spraying. (Perfume evaporates faster from dry skin.)
20. Brush talcum powder though hair to reduce oil, it works much like dry shampoo.
Thanks for reading.